Wednesday 21 September 2011

Gentle Sunday Ride

Sunday came around and the weather confounded the forecast and it was dry!
Fantastic, out we rolled for a gentle ride out...

Although the sun in the sky helps to stave off any tiredness and the general poor road quality prevents me spending too much time looking at my heart rate monitor, I was aware the ride did not feel that gentle, to me anyway...

On returning home, I was able to upload the data from my hear rate and understand why.


The diagram to the left explains why, not a lot of time for recovery there.

The 'spikes' show either when I was on the front of our short pace line, climbing a hill or just letting the sun fan my natural over exuberance...



Useful information though, as I know know that my legs felt as they did for a reason and some simple (meaningful) data explains why...

If you would like to learn more click here or to book a test to find your own 'zones' click here.

Enjoy the riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment